Simple Login Server instructions (Account claiming)

Discussion in 'General' started by cavedude, Apr 21, 2010.

1. cavedude

cavedude ProjectEQ Team Member Staff Member

A. To create a NEW login server account (Meaning you have NEVER logged into ANY EQEmu server before):

1. Create a new login account on EQEmu. http://eqemulator.net (If you have never been there before or already have 3 login accounts, you'll also need to make a forum account.)
    2. Using the EQEmu login server (see below), connect to The Grand Creation, and create one character who's name is different from the account name. <--- Is important and why most people have trouble!
    3. Go here: http://peqtgc.com/Login.php and select option 2. Fill in the account name, and the name of the character you just created. Then, fill in your new password, email address (highly recommended for password resets), and PEQ forum handle (which isn't required now, but one day will be!)
    4. Change the client to use the ProjectEQ login server (see below) if you so wish and log on!

OR

B. To claim an existing EQEmu account that existed on EQEmu BEFORE December, 2009:

1. Go here: http://peqtgc.com/Login.php and select option 1. Fill in the account name, and the password you had on EQEmu before 12/09. Type in the password you wish to use on PEQ, verify your email address is correct (highly recommended for password resets), and put in your PEQ forum handle (which isn't required now, but one day will be!)
    2. Change the client to use the ProjectEQ login server (see below) if you so wish and log on!

OR

(If you have an EQEmu login and wish to start using PEQ's login because EQEmu is down, this probably the option you want!)

C. To claim an existing EQEmu account that existed on EQEmu AFTER December, 2009 (or if the option above doesn't work for you):

1. Log into The Grand Creation using the EQEmu login server (see below), and make sure you have a character on the account who's name differs from the account name. <--- Is important and why most people have trouble!
    2. Go here: http://peqtgc.com/Login.php and select option 2. Fill in the account name, and the name of the character you just created. Then, fill in your new password, email address (highly recommended for password resets), and PEQ forum handle (which isn't required now, but one day will be!)
    3. Change the client to use the ProjectEQ login server (see below) if you so wish and log on!

OR

D.

*********(The easiest option assuming both the EQEmu login and PEQ gameserver are up)*********

1. Login to PEQ via eqemu login server
    2. While in-game, type the following command, filling in your email address and password:

/say #setlsinfo your.email@gmail.com >password<

If you have an older EQEmu account but do not know the password for it, you'll need to PM me. Obviously, this only affects people who need to use option B above.

To connect to the EQEmu login server (Using 062, Titanium, or SoF):

In your EverQuest client directory, file the file called eqhost.txt. Open it up with notepad or the like and change it to look like:

Code:
    [LoginServer]
    Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998

To connect to the EQEmu login server (Using SoD, UF, RoF):

In your EverQuest client directory, file the file called eqhost.txt. Open it up with notepad or the like and change it to look like:

Code:
    [LoginServer]
    Host=login.eqemulator.net:5999

To connect to the ProjectEQ login server (Using 062, Titanium, or SoF):

Code:
    [LoginServer]
    Host=login.peqtgc.com:5998

To connect to the ProjectEQ login server (Using SoD, UF, RoF):

Code:
    [LoginServer]
    Host=login.peqtgc.com:5999

Alternatively, you can replace login.peqtgc.com in the above examples with our IP: 108.61.129.179 and the appropriate port (5998 or 5999) which sometimes works better for some people.

2. Andrew80k

Andrew80k Orc Pawn

I have a friend of mine that only has the SoD client and is a new user. Is there any way he can play without connecting to the Emulator LS first?

3. bubber

bubber Orc Centurion

Sure, you could set up his account. Have him sign up on eqemulator.net and set up his loginserver account info, then you log in via Titanium to create any character with a unique name, and follow the instructions A above.

He can change his password on eqemu after you login to create the needed character and you don't ever need to know the password he sets up on the peq login server.

4. Andrew80k

Andrew80k Orc Pawn

That's what we've been discussing, I'm heading out for a short vacation in a few minutes and have SoF installed on my laptop. I should be able to set him up later tonight, if no other solution presents itself in the meantime.

5. arkhamcifre

arkhamcifre Orc Pawn

SoD Troubles

Have Steam SoD.
    When I try to start eq.exe file it patches to SoE. If I stop I cannot go further. If I let it go it takes me finally to a login screen that asks if I want to register with new or existing account. If I say existing the login screen wants a Station name. If I use eqemu info it says invalid name.
    How can I launch eq.exe without this damn LaunchPad patching? Can I delete the whole Station folder without harm?
    Not terrible technically adept so I hope this is clear enough for anyone who can help to understand.
    Thanx

6. robregen

robregen Pyrilen Fireblade

it is not suppose to patch up. you suppose to make short-cut and use eqgame.exe. add patchme after that so it does not patch up. This is my target just for an example what i use in my short cut property. "C:\Program Files\Eqemu\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme . Hope that helps

7. arkhamcifre

arkhamcifre Orc Pawn

Mistakes

Well first I realized I had shortcut set to EverQuest.exe not eqgame.exe. I fixed that. However now when I click the shortcut it says to run EverQuest.exe ol so it's sending me where I realized I shouldn't be!
    I also see you have patchme...not patch(space)me-patch me. I will try the patchme sans space and see...
    Thanx for the response.

8. arkhamcifre

arkhamcifre Orc Pawn

All well and good

I retyped as "patchme" and I am in! Thanx for the help.

9. cavedude

Updated the links and login server name.

10. fatboy5706

fatboy5706 Orc Centurion

Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 113

11. Drusstheaxe

Drusstheaxe Orc Centurion

Same

I have 3 accounts and wanted to swap a few of the toons around so i could actually take all three of my favorites for a little outing, but when I try to claim the accounts, I get the same error.
    Am I doing something wrong? I tried it with both options on the peqtgc site.

12. midumass

midumass Orc Pawn

Just noticed this thread after attempting to troubleshoot my frequent-of-late inability to log in. Having the same MySQL error here too:

Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 113

When attempting to claim account or convert EQEmulator account.

13. cavedude

The error occurred because the server was down this morning. It's back up and should be working fine.

14. ddeleh

ddeleh Orc Pawn

I've tried every possible suggestion through every possible link and my Titanium client just won't work. At one point I actually was able to get to the server selection screen but there were no servers listed or available. Going to wait it out a few days and if its still not working I guess I'll migrate to the other client.

DD

15. Mipa

Mipa Orc Pawn

Hey, using UF client made the above changes to EQHost (tried SoD and IP as well) and it just sits on "Logging in to the server. Please wait...."

(Already claimed my accounts)

16. SneakyPete

SneakyPete Orc Pawn

Erp - posted this in response to a different thread - will try to move / delete.

Just to confirm what Mipa reports, I've changed eqhost.txt to try
    Host=login.peqtgc.com:5998
    AND then separately
    Host=login.peqtgc.com:5999

and after entering my character name and PW, the "Logging in to the server. Please Wait...." message pops up and stays there forever.

Using the Underfoot package under Wine on a Mac (Van's version 2); I get a very respectable ping on login.peqtgc.com, so it's not a DNS issue at my end.

I have not "claimed my character", as I have no idea what that means, and because the instructions seem to only apply to accounts created before 2009. I've had no trouble playing before today.

Thanks for any help!

17. Bundy

Bundy Orc Pawn

I get the above "Logging in to the server. Please Wait...." with both login.peqtgc.com:5998 and 108.61.129.179:5998

Using UF.

I HAVE claimed my accounts using option 1.

18. cavedude

SoD+ (UF is included) uses 5999. 062, Titanium, and SoF use 5998.

19. cavedude

I've updated the post to hopefully be more clear. Things have changed since it was written.

20. Bundy

Bundy Orc Pawn

Thanks CD, working as intended.