Error When Trying to Run New Install of PEQ:TGC Client

Discussion in 'General' started by Qilua, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Qilua

Qilua Orc Pawn

Hi, all.

I'm very new to PEQ, and I'm having a problem getting the client to run on my PC. I've installed it on my laptop without issues, but I figured that the PC would be better for attempting the whole multibox thing.

Anyway, when I try to run the EQGame shortcut that's been fixed to have patchme at the end of the target in properties, I get an error that reads as follows:

eqgame.exe - Bad Image
    C:\Windows\System32\d3dx9_30.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. I'm guessing that something is wrong with my DirectX setup somehow? I don't know, as everything else I play on my desktop is fine. Anyway, if it helps at all, the error status is 0xc000012f.

Anyone have any idea what I can do about this error? It comes up when I double click the EQGame shortcut.

Thanks for any help you can offer! :)

2. tackleberry

tackleberry Orc Pawn

you are missing directx

there is no install for the client it just works

3. Qilua

Qilua Orc Pawn

No, I've the latest DirectX, and I reinstalled it after finding the error when I tried to launch the client. I'm just not sure where to look, given that particular error.

4. mackal

mackal Pyrilen Fireblade

You're missing DirectX 9.

5. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

you need the CORRECT version not just the latest.

Check your ROF2 folder for a Redist subfolder.
    If its not there, try looking for DirectX9 Redist available from Microsoft website.

Do NOT just try to add the .dll file or download it by itself from any random website.

If you want to know, additional Info: https://www.howtogeek.com/323523/why-does-every-pc-game-install-its-own-copy-of-directx/

You will probably also need to install "vcredist_x86" from microsoft as well.

6. tackleberry

tackleberry Orc Pawn

yea yea visual basic updates those are good too

7. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

We're not coding in Basic. We're doing C++.

Microsoft Visual C++ x86 Redistributable

8. Qilua

Qilua Orc Pawn

Oh my goodness, this is getting ridiculous on the part of my computer.

I installed the DirectX Redist from my RoF2 directory, as well as vcredist_x86 from Microsoft as well. The error is still coming up the second I click the shortcut to launch eqgame. As another try, I copied the d3dx9_30.dll file from my laptop, where RoF2 operates perfectly fine, to my desktop, still with no luck. Just for "fun"--or something like that--I deleted the d3dx9_30.dll file from my computer completely, only to have the same error instantly come up on trying to launch EQ. This is feeling utterly crazy. The desktop has always functioned to run any game, new or older, that I've tried. So annoying. I do, however, thank everyone for the help you've been giving. The damned thing just does not want to work properly.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  9. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

You have a self extracting .zip file in the redist
    Extract the files to c:/directx
    Open the folder c:/directx
    Open dxsetup.exe (the name of the actual installer )
    Allow it to properly install the dx9 files.
    Restart Computer

10. Qilua

Qilua Orc Pawn

Aye, I've done that. Still giving me the error. I and my husband have both done everything we know how to do with the error, and it simply won't go away. =\

11. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

Sent you a direct message

12. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

Fixed for you.

13. Qilua

Qilua Orc Pawn

Thanks much!

14. Tempest61

Tempest61 Orc Pawn

How did you fix?

15. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

Sorry .... I'll post my notes.
    Had the user download and install teamviewer so i could remote into the computer. The username and password were sent via PM.
    My troubleshooting notes I sent in the PM.

Installed Dx9. (dxsetup.exe)
    Tested - Not working.

Deleted those files you put into windows system32 and syswow64 folders. (Don't ever drop dll files directly into windows system folders.)
    Installed the DX9 web installer (same folder as dxsetup.exe) Stated was missing components. Allowed to complete. Said successful.
    Tested - Not working

Once again install DX9 ( dxsetup.exe)
    Tested - Working.