Level 2 Shaman not auto-buffing Strengthen - SOLVED

Discussion in 'E3' started by ColoradoDerek, Feb 15, 2021.

1. ColoradoDerek

ColoradoDerek Orc Pawn

Hello.
    I am having problems getting any of my secondary characters (bots) to cast buffs automatically in the party.

I have tried both a shaman and a druid.
    I am only Level 2 with them (just trying to make sure everything works before I start playing)

I am using the default .ini files and have only modified the "bot buff" section

The shaman's looks like this:
    Bot Buff=Strengthen/Jeim/Gem|4
    Bot Buff=Strengthen/Ritechus/Gem|4

The druid's looks like this:
    Bot Buff=Skin Like Wood/Jeim/Gem|2
    Bot Buff=Skin Like Wood/Ritechus/Gem|2

I have deleted and rebuilt the shaman's .INI file as someone had mentioned that helped with theirs, but no luck for me

I set up the shaman's also to look like this:
    Group Buff L1=Strengthen/Gem|4

and when i do /tell shawoman buff me it does buff me with Strengthen so at least that part works, but I'd really like the auto-buff part to work also.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

The /AssistOn command does work to get these bots to assist or nuke, it just seems the "bot buff" part is what isn't working.

I can link the full .ini files if needed for help.

Thank you!

2. ColoradoDerek

ColoradoDerek Orc Pawn

I also have noticed that when I cast a buff on my "LDR" (my main character, a paladin in my case) that I don't see any messages. I can't see my shaman casting and I can't see the spell stick on me. I made sure all the "spell filters" are going to the window but they still don't show up.
    Is this something that is hard-coded to not show? Is there anyway to turn that off?
    I know later on I wouldn't want to see the messages (they'd just be spam) but it would be nice for now.
    Thanks.

3. ColoradoDerek

ColoradoDerek Orc Pawn

I also tried toggling /BuffCheck on/off and even though it said the messages , from each character, about it being turned off and on, they still aren't auto-buffing.

is this just a level limited thing?
    maybe the level 1 spells aren't programmed into the macro?

4. ColoradoDerek

ColoradoDerek Orc Pawn

I talked to some folks in game and we think its due to me being low level and E3 just isn't set up for low level stuff.
    I'm going to get to level 10 or so and try again and see if the issues go away.

5. ColoradoDerek

ColoradoDerek Orc Pawn

I zoned into the Guild Lobby and got some buffs from some bots there.
    Then, after logging out for a bit (to take a break) and then coming back to the tutorial with the buffs still on, all my bots starting working and the E3 macro starting working, even for the level 2 buffs.
    I'm not sure what reset it but I guess it just needed to be "turned off and back on" some or maybe getting the buffs from outside the Tutorial... who knows, either way, its working great.
    Thanks.

6. Tommygunz

Tommygunz Orc Pawn

Bot buff is not working correctly on my lvl 70 characters, I would love insight was to what I'm doing wrong.

My ranger :
    Bot Buff=howl of the predator/verdant/minmana|20/gem|8
    Bot Buff=strength of the hunter/verdant/minmana|20/gem|6
    Bot Buff=howl of the predator/yesho/minmana|20/gem|8
    Bot Buff=strength of the hunter/yesho/minmana|20/gem|6

He only buffs Verdant, doesn't go further down to do Yesho

My enchanter :
    bot buff=guard of druzzil/verdant/minmana|10/gem|5
    bot buff=guard of druzzil/Yesho/minmana|10/gem|5
    Bot buff=voice of clairvoyance/Verdant/minmana|10/gem|7
    bot buff=voice of clairvoyance/falthis/minmana|10/gem|7
    bot buff=voice of clairvoyance/Kratheal/minmana|10/gem|7
    bot buff=hastening of salik/verdant/minmana|10/gem|3
    bot buff=Hastening of salik/yesho/minmana|10/gem|3

Same thing, he buffs Verdant, but not Yesho, or Kraftheal. And both characters are at full mana out of combat. Anyone know why bot buff is only partially working for me?

7. Hive

Hive Froglok Krup Watcher

I have heard that some bot buff lines will not work unless the characters already have some buffs on them. I can't remember if this was fixed or not but that may have been your issue since you said that it worked after getting some lobby buffs.

Tommygunz I can't say for sure, but your issue may be capitalization. The inis are sensitive. This means:
    Bot Buff, not bot buff
    Verdant, not verdant
    MinMana, not minmana
    Gem, not gem
    Guard of Druzzil, not guard of druzzil
    and anywhere else there may be caps inconsistencies. This may not work, but with notepad++ it's really easy to change all the ini in one go. Also check if the bots have buffs on them already, like I said I recall this being an issue for some.

8. Xelene

Xelene Orc Pawn

This is indeed the case.

I noted that my wizard who had a self buff would receive a cleric buff once she had her own one up. Nobody else did.

Once I bought Selo's for my bard and sang it, the cleric and shaman buffed everyone as expected.