New POK AFK Rule - Few Suggestions / Ideas

Discussion in 'General' started by Merstin, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Merstin

Merstin Orc Centurion

Hi Drog,
    New rule is cool and seemed to help a ton with the congestion. I had a few thoughts about this that I wanted to run by you.

tldr; Can we make it 40 minutes? And can we have buffs not countdown in the Arena?

Timing: 20 minutes and then you are booted. I believe a longer time should be considered and for one of the primary reasons it was implemented - Tradeskilling. Your mats and tradeskill items can be spread out on many toons and may require multiple toons to interact. And then you start to craft which takes time. 20 minutes is a very short time for this. True you can try and get everything organized and perfectly setup before going into POK or go to other zones but this rule is effectually doing exactly what is forbidden by PEQ rule #5 5. You may not disrupt the normal play-ability of a zone or area. Granted its a bit of a stretch.

GuildHall changes: These are fantastic, I would use these but our guild is very large and in order to prevent massive lag when someone updated notes or something, we only have main player in our guild and our alts are in their own. Again not a huge issue but creates toon separation and additional actions to come together.

New Toons: New toons looking for buffs, with an extended afk time there may be less impact on these toons and players looking for buffs.

Arena: Nexus and PoT are filling up a little, not bad. But the Area is a largely open and unused area. Maybe it could be flagged to not have buffs countdown? Maybe this would be an added zone to hang in and would help with parsing and such possibly as well?

Anyhow maybe a small increase in the afk time to 40 minutes would be a possibility? In either case thanks for the support!

2. eonEQemu

eonEQemu Froglok Krup Watcher

You can do trade skilling in Abysmal Sea too (free up to 54)
    Also the Bazaar and Guild hall has all the tradeskill containers (not the ones you carry)

3. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Orc Pawn

1) Create a bot in PoK that will buff any and all buffs with certain commands.
    2) AFK boot all toons after XX minutes of AFK regardless of zone.

4. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

The AFK booting thing is custom enough, but was required for sustainable play on the server. They're definitely not going to be putting in NPC buff bots; custom additions like this go against the intentions driving the server.

5. Coreidan

Coreidan Orc Pawn

I really don't see the need for buff bots in any format. It's nice that people keep their toons online to buff people, but it's not essential at all, especially when it's causing more problems than it's solving.

Having an NPC around to hand out buffs seems really out of place and I wouldn't welcome it on this server. Like I said it's not essential what so ever. I managed to get to 70 very easily without ever getting buffs other then what my group could supply.

Auto-booting characters in any zone other then PoK seems to be a bit of a stretch as well. It's not necessary.

The solution is simple really. Don't AFK in PoK, or in front of doors/stones. It will take you less than 2 seconds to move your chars.

You don't park your car right in front of the grocery store's doors right? Take the extra second to park your chars.

6. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Orc Pawn

If they aren't going to explore creative solutions then just blanket boot people afk for XX minutes and end this discussion.

7. Coreidan

Coreidan Orc Pawn

They already explored creative solutions. What they landed on was booting people out of PoK if they are idle too long. That is all that is necessary.

If at this point you still can't manage to not break the rules, then you deserve a suspension/ban.

I see no purpose to implement even more solutions on top of this. After all they have a pretty long list of things to do, and this shenanigans only distracts them from real development work.

If you're just too stubborn or lazy to move your guys out of the way then you will be dealt with. Same goes for any other rule.